Sorry I haven’t sent out a Tip of the Day in so long. I spent the first half of December in Doha, Qatar, helping the folks there prepare some important documents, and the second half was spent on vacation over the holidays.
But I’m back in the saddle again, amidst eager requests from the Peanut Gallery!
So I thought I’d start the year off with a smile and share some humorous typos I’ve been collecting.
• “Operations manger” instead of “operations manager” – Operations wrapped in swaddling clothes and laid in a manger on Christmas Eve.
• “Sot density” instead of “shot density” – The sot density was rather high on New Year’s Eve.
• “Data sent to Panning” instead of “Planning” – Planning likes to give them two thumbs down often.
• “Borrowed packstone” instead of “burrowed packstone” – Buddy, can you spare a core plug?
• Dual ESPs increase operational “fun life” instead of “run life” – It’s fun when the ESPs are running, and it’s no fun when they are not.
• “Helpdesk” instead of “helideck” – I want to see them land a chopper on the helpdesk!
• “Impalement” instead of “implement” – Managers are apparently planning
impalement in 2Q2013, so you better stick to those resolutions and accomplish
those 2013 goals!
It’s fun catching errors like that. If you ever hear me just crack up for no reason all alone in my office, I probably found another funny typo to share with y’all.
Happy New Year!
Profound Quote of the Day:
“Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.”
– Abraham Lincoln, US President, 1809-1865